The section Privacy for OVID.tv explains our policies with respect to the information we collect and manage when you visit OVID.tv ("Site").
The section titled Cleeng explains the policies of our payment processor, Cleeng.
We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy and safety of children. The Site and System are not intended for children under the age of 16 (who reside in the EU, the European Economic Area or Switzerland) and children under the age of 13 (who reside in the United States).
Privacy for OVID.tv
Information We May Collect
We may collect the following information about you:
- Data submitted by you through a survey
- IP address and device ID
- Information about your computer hardware and software, such as computer type and screen resolution.
- Web page analytics and usage information, such as web page activity, links clicked, and videos watched
- Geolocation data Some of this information, including the IP address, is stored in our log files along with the date and time.
We may use tracking pixels and other technologies to track when emails have been opened and which links in an email have been clicked. This helps us to measure the performance of our email campaigns and provide you with more targeted information.
We use Google Analytics to collect and processes information about you and how you interact with the Site. You can opt out from Google's collection of information.
Do Not Track
The Site does not recognize your browser's "do not track" setting to indicate that you do not wish to be tracked.
We use organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. When you submit information through a form on the Site, we encrypt the transmission of that information. However, no data transmission over the Internet or any other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site, we do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit.
How We May Use Your Information
We may use your information in the following ways:
To fulfill your requests.
- To communicate with you about the information you requested.
- To contact you and send you emails that may be of interest to you.
- To contact you via surveys about your opinion of current services or of potential new services.
- To infer whether you are a good candidate for our products and services.
- To remember information you entered on the Site.
- To improve our websites, services, and products.
- To customize the content you see.
- To conduct research and provide anonymous statistical reporting.
- How Your Information May Be Shared
We may work with ad networks that display targeted advertisements based on your information. These ad networks may make inferences based on this information in order to provide targeted ads. They may collect and aggregate information about you or make inferences based on your information to serve targeted ads to you.
How to Opt Out from Emails
If you do not want to receive emails from us, you can opt out or change your preferences any time.
Right to Request Information
You may request, and we will provide you with, information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may request access to, or correction or deletion of your personal information, by contacting us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Rights
The following section applies to residents of the European Union, European Economic Area, or Switzerland who visit the Site.
Residents of applicable countries have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- To withdraw consent to processing, where consent is the basis of processing. You may withdraw your consent to processing by leaving the Site, suspending your account if you have registered on the Site, or requesting that we delete your personal information.
- To access the personal information we have collected about you.
- To demand rectification of inaccurate personal information about you.
- To object to unlawful data processing.
- To erasure of past information about you.
- To demand that we restrict processing of your personal information, if you believe we have exceeded the legitimate basis for processing, processing is no longer necessary, or your personal information is inaccurate.
- To receive the personal information we have collected about you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- To lodge a complaint to a data protection supervisory authority in your country.
- To exercise any of the above-listed rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process any requests in accordance with applicable law and within a reasonable period of time. We may need to verify your identity before processing your request.
To learn more about your rights under the GDPR you can visit the European Commission's page on Protection of Personal Data, at: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/index_en.htm How to Contact Us
Who is Cleeng?
Our monetization partner Cleeng B.V. ("Cleeng") handles the management of access to content and/or subscriptions and payment and billing on our behalf. For this purpose, Cleeng will act as the merchant of record on our request. The services of Cleeng are subject to the terms and conditions of Cleeng, which are hereby incorporated. Please refer to the Cleeng user agreement.
Last updated March 19, 2019